Monday 14 September 2015

lundi le 14 septembre, 2015

Dear Division 6 families,

I am very pleased to announce we will be a grade 2/3 class, so far with 23 students. Last week, students got to know me as I showed them a suitcase of souvenirs since my childhood began in Ottawa many years ago. Afterwards we reviewed classroom rules and vocabulary. Students also taught me their names, interests and hobbies. I invite you to read the "About Me" section on the right hand column and I look forward to getting to know all of you in the coming months.

Students took home their new agendas on Friday. Please help ensure this agenda stays in the backpack. Please make sure to check the front pouch of the agendas daily for important handouts and information. Some of this information, such as weekly dictée and grade 3 spelling, will also be posted here. If you would like to communicate with me, please do not use the agenda, rather email (egarcin@sd61.bc.ca) and phone (Quadra School: 250-382-8296) is best. This is because, sometimes students will only be opening agendas at the end of the day to write their homework. I check my email in the morning and after school, and will reply to you as soon as I can.

I would love to have all your contact information so that I can send groups emails. If you do not have or use email, please phone me at Quadra School and we can find an alternate way to communicate.

I will send more detailed classroom information and procedures throughout the next few days and weeks such as our dictée, at-home reading program and parent volunteering opportunities. For students to stay up-to-date and be successful, I encourage a regular routine after school that includes reading the agenda, at-home reading and studying for grade 3 spelling before or after diner -as much as possible. On the right hand column, there is also a link to some fun online French Language games.

Next time you are at Quadra please come and introduce yourself. We are located in room 100. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to come see me in person, contact me by phone at Quadra school (after school is best), or by email at egarcin@sd61.bc.ca to make an appointment for longer visits. I look forward to meeting you at our Meet the Teacher event on Thursday, Sept 24th from 6-7pm.

Sincerely,

Madame Elise Garcin (formerly Hoefer)